We all share the crave for a glass of feminine Burgundy or a masculine Bordeaux wine from time to time. And to celebrate the Chinese Valentine’s Day, let’s experience the fascinating chemistry sparked by the two wines.
Known as the cult among domaines in Burgundy, Domain Claude Dugat is a tiny domaine which started its legendary story back in 1955. The Domaine is deeply entrenched in traditional methods – they even work some of their parcels with horse and plow to prevent erosion. Try them with our horizontal tasting session!
In contrast, our pick for Bordeaux is Chateau le Puy, where biodynamic method is welcomed by the Amoreau family: no chemical fertilisers, no herbicides or artificial insecticides. They have practiced biodynamic techniques since 1990 onwards.
Cheers to the notable French winemakers!
Dinner menu as follow (TBC):
Smoked caviar | Chive | Lemon dressing
Wild Mushroom Soup
Brioche croutons | Truffle oil
150 days Grain Fed Pure Angus Beef
Slow roasted | Seasonal vegetables | Pepper juice
Duck with Mushroom
Slow cooked duck | Stir-fried mushroom
Lemon tart / Walnut tart / Tiramisu
Wine list as follow:
- Champagne Penet-Chardonnet St. Jean 2005
- La Gibryotte by Claude Dugat family Bourgogne 2006
- La Gibroyotte by Claude Dugat family Gevrey Chambertin 2006
- La Gibryotte by Claude Dugat family Gevrey Chambertin 1er Cru 2006
- Chateau le Puy 2011 Emilien
- Chateau le Puy 2009 Emilien
- Chateau le Puy 2009 Barthelemy
Date: 4th March 2015
Venue: Shelter Lounge (Universal Building, 5-13 New Street, Sheung Wan)
Cost: HKD1180 + 10%