A lovely glazed ham is a great staple in any holiday menu! Try pair it with Wine2Go App‘s recommended wines this holiday season!
1 large cold Leg of ham
500 g Top shelf Apricots jam
7 star anise broken down in a mortar and pestle
1 tablespoon Ground Cinnamon
½ cup or more brown sugar
1½ cups Dry Sherry
- Thin the apricot jam with a little sherry and heat until it becomes a sticky spread.
- Prepare ham by lifting off skin but leaving the fat. Diamond cut the fat and cut the skin off the bone.
- Mix the cinnamon with the star anise and rub into the fat.
- Spread two thirds of the apricot glaze over the ham (retain the rest for basting when cooking).
- Once ham is spread with the apricot glaze, press brown sugar over whole top of ham, making sure some sugar gets into diamond cuts.
- With the ham in the roasting dish, add three quarters of an inch of water and cook for one and a half hours on 200 C, basting with remaining glaze from time to time – careful not to burn.
- Serve with some chutneys, mustard, crusty bread, croissants, brioche etc.